I was playing around in the kitchen the other day, thinking of ways I could get rid of my random ingredients… and the result: the most AMAZING peanut butter chocolate chip cookies.
These cookies are the softest, chewiest cookies you’ll ever eat — they’re the perfect combination of sweet and salty that if you’re not careful, you could end up eating half a dozen in one sitting. I won’t tell if you won’t. 😉
Peanut Butter White Chocolate Chip Cookies
Prep time: 15 min
Bake time: 8-10 min
- 1/4 cup butter, room temperature (I used Smart Balance)
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- A pinch of salt
- 1-2 cups chocolate chips (I used white)
- Using a mixer, cream the butter, peanut butter, and brown sugar until fluffy.
- Add in vanilla and egg and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, sift the flour, baking soda, and salt, and add to the mixture until everything is well combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Form small dough balls and place them ~2 inches apart on a baking tray. Use your hands or a spoon to slightly flatten the dough.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes at 350°. Cookies should look a bit undone — cool for 10 minutes outside the oven to let the cookies cook a bit more on their own.
The recipe makes a dozen cookies, but they’re so hard to resist you’ll wish you made more. Oh, and a glass of milk is mandatory. 😉 Give the recipe a try and let me know what you think!