One of the first recipes I shared on Fun Sized Cupcakes was a version of Ina Garten’s chocolate chip cookies. It’s one of my go-to recipes and a favorite among friends. Today, I’m sharing a fun twist on them: chocolate white chocolate chip cookies! Dare I say that these are even better than the traditional chocolate chip cookie? If you don’t believe me, try this recipe and see!
Chocolate White Chocolate Chip Cookies
Prep time: 20 min
Bake time: 8-10 min
- 2 sticks butter (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-2 cups white chocolate chips
- Using a mixer, mix the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until fluffy.
- Add in vanilla and eggs, one at a time, and mix until light and smooth.
- Mix in the cocoa powder.
- In a separate bowl, sift the flour, baking soda, and salt, and add to the mixture until everything is combined. Add in a little bit of water if necessary.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Form small dough balls and place them ~2 inches apart on a baking tray. Use your hands or a spoon to slightly flatten the dough.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes at 350°. Cookies should look a bit undone — cool for 10 minutes outside the oven to let the cookies cook a bit more on their own.
Have you tried making these cookies before? Which one do you prefer? 🙂