Nothing screams fall more than apple picking… and making apple cake with those apples! After going apple picking a few weeks ago, I still had a few honeycrisp apples left in my fridge — now that the weather is finally getting cooler, I’m kicking off my list of fun fall festivities with this delicious apple cake recipe! Get ready for the BEST apple cake you’ll ever have in your life. I’m only slightly exaggerating.
Prep time: 20 min
Bake time: 30 min
- 1/2 cup butter (I used a Smart Balance spread instead)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 1 and 1/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 apples, shredded and peeled (I used a cheese grater)
- Using a mixer, mix the butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add in eggs, one at a time, and mix until light and smooth.
- Slowly add in all other ingredients (except apples) with mixer on low speed, until everything is combined.
- Mix in apples.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350° or until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean.
- Cool for at least 10 minutes before serving.
Top it with vanilla ice cream, whipped cream, or whatever your heart desires. 😉 Enjoy loves, and Happy October!