Happy New Year! Can you believe it’s 2017 already? 2016 was full of ups and downs but I am so excited for what’s to come.
Two of my New Year’s Resolutions are to blog more and work out more… although I am totally cheating by
baking blogging about these chocolate peanut butter cupcakes! Hey, I might not be working out but at least I’m sharing this awesome recipe with you all (and binge eating all of these cupcakes). 😉
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes
Prep time: 15 min
Bake time: 25 min
Yield: ~15 cupcakes
- 1 and 1/2 sticks butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2-3 eggs (depending on consistency)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 and 3/4 cups flour
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
Peanut Butter Frosting
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 3/4 cups sugar
- Using a mixer, cream the butter and sugars until fluffy.
- Add in eggs one at a time, then add vanilla and mix.
- Add in milk, apple cider vinegar, and yogurt.
- Slowly mix in the flour, cocoa powder, and baking soda.
- Once the mixture is creamy and fully blended, divide it into cupcake tins, filling each 1/2 – 2/3 of the way.
- Bake at 350° for 25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- In a separate bowl, mix the butter, peanut butter, milk, and sugar for the frosting until light and creamy.
- Once cupcakes are cool, decorate with frosting!!
Enjoy loves! If you try it, let me know how it goes. 🙂 Hope you’re staying warm wherever you are!