One of my favorite places in NYC to get food and catch up with friends is Alice’s Tea Cup. Their selection of teas is amazing and their scones are sooo good! My favorite flavor is mixed berry because I love anything and everything berry. I found their recipe online, and since I’ve been on a baking roll recently I decided to give it a try. I modified the recipe a little bit because I like my scones soft, fruity, and not as sweet. Hope you enjoy!
Mixed Berry Scones
Prep time: 15 min
Baking time: 12-14 min
- 3 cups flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 and 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 and 1/2 sticks butter
- 1 and 1/4 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- ~1/2 cup each of strawberries (cut into quarters), blackberries, raspberries, and blueberries
1. Using a mixer, mix all the ingredients (except the fruit) until even.
2. Manually fold in the fruit until fruit is well spread out.
3. Using a spoon and hands, form little dough balls.
4. Bake at 400° for 12-14 min.
And there you go! Let me know what you think. 🙂